Sunday, October 15, 2006

Great day on the golf course yesterday......

My friend and I play a round of golf against his father-in-law and uncle every once in awhile. Our experienced (that's code for older than us) competitors get up for the big match. They play quite a bit more than my friend or I, so they definitely have a more consistant game.

My friend and I started off a bit slow. We were down two holes after four holes of play. We quickly won a couple of holes to put us right back in the game and get back to even. We went down one hole soon after that, but then evened it up after nine holes.

On the back 9, I caught fire. I hit 3 iron shots that acted like they were being pulled toward the hole. Two of them landed inside of 10 feet from the pin. The other one actually hit the flag on the fly and landed 3 foot from the hole! I was also driving quite well with my new driver and let my friend use the driver. It helped his accuracy and distance quite a bit. I think he's going to get a new driver for Christmas. We ended up winning the match by four or five holes.

Our experienced competitors did eventually find a way to try to win. They went into the clubhouse afterwards and found a rule in the rulebook that states that you can't use anyone else's clubs but your own. So they claimed victory based on a technical rule. I just waved at them and told them congrats. They chuckled at their find, but they knew they were soundly beaten on this day. I have no doubt they will be requesting a rematch in the near future.