Thursday, October 05, 2006

October 5th holds more significance that I thought.......

As I posted before, my birthday is today, October 5th. What I didn't know is that October 5th is the most common American birthday. More Americans claim October 5th as their birthday than any other day of the year. You're probably wondering why. I have the answer.

The number of days it takes to create a full-term baby from start to finish is 278 days. If you take that number and use a calendar to count back to figure out what day the baby was conceived, you will find that a baby born on October 5th was most likely conceived on December 31st (also known as New Year's Eve).

Yes, my friends. It appears that America tends to do a little bit more than drink champagne to celebrate the new year. Consider this your 'learned something new' moment of the day.