Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another milestone........

Well, I witnessed the dreaded '36000.0' go by on my odometer this morning on the way to work. My vehicle is officially out of warranty. I have no doubt that my car will now have its revenge and start falling apart right before my eyes.

On a brighter note, my car will be paid off in 14 months. So even though I'm now responsible for fixing the car with my own hard-earned money, I won't have to make monthly payments on it much longer.

Kali 0.2 and Mrs. Lime are coming home tonight. I think our dog is a bit bored right now with me going to work all day and leaving him home along with nothing to do but bark at the occasional delivery man that drops by. He'll be happy to start working full time again once the baby gets home.

I noticed this morning on the way to work that the Missouri river is still very high. Some of the trees along the banks are disappearing under the water. My understanding is that they released a lot of water upstream from the resevoirs in North and South Dakota to alleviate some of their flooding issues. Of course, that now causes flooding issues in our area. At one point, the river went up several feet in one day. Screwing with nature is always a touchy issue.

Hopefully this weekend will be relatively uneventful. Seems like there's been too many things going on this week. I could use a 'boring' weekend.