Friday, May 11, 2007

Longer and stronger.......

Kali 0.3 continues to grow like a weed. I'm amazed at how much she changes just from week to week or even day to day. One day, you'll notice that her forehead is larger. The next day, her eyes are getting bigger. Another day, her legs are longer. It's just constant growth.

I gave Kali a bath last night. She was getting fussy because it was getting close to bedtime and she was pretty tired. She usually calms down quite a bit if I give her a bath. I was chatting with her and she was responding quite a bit. All of it was babble, but she was pretty sure she was stating something of great importance. At one point, she evidently told a joke (I must have missed the punch line) and started giggling. She started to laugh hard enough that she blew bubbles (from the wrong end) in the water. It was the worst smelling bubble bath ever. However, she did enjoy it, so I didn't mind the smell too much. As a father for 3 months, I've now become desensitized to the smell.

Kali and I also had a big discussion concerning the upcoming arrival of her new cousin. My sister is roughly 3 weeks from giving birth to a baby girl. Kali has been informed that she'll soon have a playmate and will not longer have to rely on Daddy and Mommy for her sole entertainment. She's pretty excited about it (from what I can detect given that she's only 3 months old with very little communication skills). I'm sure they'll be swapping dolls, clothes, etc. in no time.