Wednesday, May 30, 2007

So she IS paying attention.......

Yes, Kali 0.3 decided to finally show off that she's actually paying attention to what her daddy is teaching her. I've been working on trying to get Kali to pull a handle dangling from her chair which causes music to play. Two nights ago, I held the handle still so she could grab it. She did that and was able to pull it down, so I was pretty happy with that.

I noticed later that she was playing with another toy that has stuff hanging down. Usually, she would take her arms and whack the hanging toys around. However, I noticed that she was grabbing and pulling the toys much like she had done with the handle on the musical toy earlier.

Today, Mrs. Lime gave me a call. She was taking a shower and Kali was in the chair with the musical toy. As Mrs. Lime stepped out of the shower, the music toy starting playing and Mrs. Lime looked over to see Kali pulling down on the handle to play the music.

Ah.........positive reinforcement. Time to move on to another lesson.