Monday, March 03, 2008

Go figure..........

Mrs. Lime's truck is already paid off. I'm only 5 months from paying off my car. As a result, we will have no car payments by summer.

Only one problem........someone evidently told Mrs. Lime's truck. In the course of 1 month, I've had the shock absorber go out on the front right tire and the right front tire go flat. Mrs. Lime drove on that flat tire for several miles and, as a result, we're going to go ahead and get 4 new tires.

I put the spare tire on the truck to hold Mrs. Lime over until the new tires came in this week. Lo and behold, that old spare tire now has a slow leak on it. I can't say I'm shocked, but would it be too much to ask that the truck hold out for a bit longer to give us a few months to bask in the glow of our newfound money when the car payments end?

I won't bother mentioning that my car still runs well for fear that Murphy's Law may take that convenience from me as well.