Sunday, May 11, 2008

Long week at the office.........

I haven't posted in a few days. Most of that is attributed to the constant scrambling I've been doing at the office. My manager (he's the VP of the company) lives in Colorado. There was a major problem with the government contract that came up about 10 days ago. As a result, I've been the 'mole' in Kansas City for the VP. In addition to getting information, I've had to find ways to keep my subordinates calm and give them as much information as I can.

My main job is a IT tester, but I spend 95% of my time last week playing the office politics game. My manager has said that I've done very well, so hopefully everything pans out and goes well for the company. While my job isn't in jeopardy, there's much to gain for me and the company if things go well.

I'm crossing my fingers.