Sunday, October 05, 2008

Another one?

Uh, yeah. I'm a year older today. This makes 34 years of relatively uneventful living for me.

Kali 1.7 is now closing in on her 2nd birthday. In a few years, she'll be in school. PTA, here I come.

I remember when I was in high school and I thought that the year 2010 seemed like it was ridiculously far away. It's now only 15 months away.

I remember 1994 when Mizzou's basketball team was undefeated Big 8 champions and nearly made the Final Four. It's been a long 14 years since that last championship. On the bright side, the football team is in a position to compete for the national championship.

I remember when the Royals won the World Series in 1985. How could I know then that we'd spend the next 23 years failing to make the post-season.

I remember when the Chiefs won their last playoff game in 1993 when Joe Montana was at the helm. 15 years later, and we're not even close to a position to win a playoff game.

In summary, my child is growing like a weed, I'm getting old, and most of my sports teams I root for are terrible. Here's to hoping the next year ends some of those trends.