Monday, June 19, 2006

A definite 'Duh!' moment.......

I'm driving down a 6 lane highway on Saturday. I was following a motorcycle that was consistantly doing 5-10 MPH over the speed limit. Just decided to stay behind him to avoid running into any speeding traps of any sort. At that speed, I thought I was pretty safe as far as trying to avoid any speeding violations.

At some point after following the motorcycle for about 5-10 miles, he suddenly became pretty erratic in his speed. One second he would be doing 75 and a few seconds later he'd suddenly drop to 60-65. It got pretty wild, so I decided that I should probably go ahead and pass him to avoid any problems. I sped up to go by him.

As I drove up beside him, I looked over to see what was up with his sudden changes in speed. This guy had his left arm extended in front of him. In his hand was his cell phone! This guy had someone call him and was actually pulling out his phone to see who was calling him! What, are you going to answer it and put the phone next to your helmet so you can hear absolutely nothing?????? Cripes, it's bad enough that people in cars drive badly while talking on the cell phone. Now motorcycle riders?????? I've seen it all.