Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hmmmm, not such a good night at the poker table.....

I had Ace - King 3 times in the first 8 hands, but didn't hit anything. Also had Ace - Queen and 77 with no success. Sometimes it just happens that way. I finally got all my chips in with the best hand (was a 67% favorite against the calling hand), but the other player hit one of the cards he needed and so I was out relatively early.

I worked some on my NL game in a side game that occurred afterwards. Made a lot of good plays and played a lot of the hands just to get in some practice against agressive opponents.

As a sidenote, I'd like to note that Rudy's dog, Chewy, really has the wool pulled over his owner's eyes. While he is a quiet dog who is very well behaved, that dog lacks no intelligence whatsoever. He managed to find every single toy that he wasn't supposed to play with and start playing with it/chewing on it. There was a bear that was supposedly off limits. Repeatedly, after this bear was put up so Chewy wouldn't play with the bear, Chewy would suddenly show up with the bear once again as though it were no big deal. But it is always better to have a smart dog than a dumb dog. So I suppose they have to count their blessings in this case.