Friday, June 09, 2006

Moving pitfalls......

So, my dad and I made the trip from Baltimore in 17 hours, cutting 30 minutes off our previous mark when we drove out to Baltimore one year ago. Nothing extremely exciting occurred for most of the trip. Couple of storms in West Virginia and Ohio, but everything else was pretty normal until we got to Missouri.

Let me first relate that there is evidently a limit on the amount of gas that you can buy at any given pump. In West Virginia, Ohio, and Missouri, it was $75.00. In Indiana, it was $100.00. Given that a full tank would require at least $100.00 with the higher fuel prices, I would always have to fill my tank up to the limit, put the gas handle back in the pump and then do another swipe of the debit card to complete the fill of the U-Haul truck.

We stopped at a gas station in Kingdom City, Missouri. It's a town between St. Louis and Columbia on the eastern half of the state in what one would term a rural area. I pulled up to the pump and got out. As I had three times previously on the trip, I went over to the pump to stick in my debit card. I got a message on the pump saying 'please see attendant'. Oh great. What's this all about I wonder to myself.

I go inside to find out what's up. Evidently, there is a security precaution in the credit card company's system that specifically notices if there are multiple transactions across multiple states in a short period of time. Obviously, because of the limit on gas pumping, I had 6 gas transactions in 3 different states over the course of the day and was now attempting a fill in Missouri. The computer threw up a red flag and froze my card. So, I had to go back out and use my other credit card to fill up so we could travel the final 150 miles to get home.

I headed back out to the gas pump and got the gas pumping. As I turned around to face the gas pump, I looked just to the side of the pump and noticed a little boy and a female voice on the other side of the pump saying, "Just go there".

The boy, having some common sense, told his mother that there was a man on the other side of the pump. His mother said, "It ain't nothing that he hasn't seen before".

So the boy proceeded to undo his pants and piss on the side of the gas pump. So the situation was evidently that they stopped because the boy had to go to the bathroom. Then, the child asked his mother to take him to go to the bathroom. Mom, obviously being far too busy pumping gas, told the boy to go right there at the gas pump. The boy, having some moral fiber, tells his mother that there is a man on the other side of the gas pump. Mom, having absolutely no common decency whatsoever, tells the child to piss right there.

In summary, I'd like to make a simple point to summarize this situation for the nation in general..............

IT'S NOT THE KID'S FAULT THAT HE DOES STUPID THINGS! YOU CAN THANK HIS MOM FOR THAT WISDOM!