Friday, November 17, 2006

I don't think I'm a geek anymore......

I just got a call from the local Gamestop where I reserved my new Playstation 3, which was released today. It's already paid for in full so they don't sell it to someone else. The manager just called me.....

Me: Hello?

GS manager: Yes, this is XXX at Gamestop. I was just checking if you were coming by to pick up your PS3.

Me: Yes, I'll be by around 3:00 PM to pick it up.

GS manager: I just didn't know if you forgot about it.

Me: In order to pay for that thing, I needed to keep working.

GS manager: Well, you're the only one that hasn't picked up their PS3 yet.

Me: OK, thanks. I'll be by a bit later. Bye.

I got the feeling that I was losing geek points by failing to take the day off. I feel like I've been alienated by geeks. How humbling is that?