Thursday, November 09, 2006

The ticket discussion.......

Mrs. Lime and I went out to dinner with my sister and her husband Tuesday night. We decided to take my car. I got into the car and when I looked to the right, Mrs. Lime was just opening the door. I notice that the envelope containing the seat belt ticket that I received was still in the passenger seat! I reached over and grabbed it and tossed it in the back seat. As Mrs. Lime was sitting down, she said, "Was that a speeding ticket?"

My response knowing that she probably hadn't read the blog entry about the ticket yet? "No."

Let the record show that response was truthful. She asked if it was a SPEEDING ticket. Of course, we all know that it was a seat belt violation. I am curious. If I had a polygraph machine hooked up to me and the tester asked me if I received a speeding ticket and I said 'no', would it show me as telling the truth or not? I'm wondering if maybe in my mind I would have set something off because I originally was pulled over for speeding. Hmmmmm.....

Anyway, last night, Mrs. Lime nails me when I get home. She gives me the full speech that I told you was coming about how lucky I am in regards to getting out of speeding tickets. It's like she's jealous to some extent that she can't use her charm and good looks to get out of tickets, but an idiot like me can do it all the time (though it's not something I intentionally like to do on a regular basis).

Let the record show that I know my wife better than anyone else on the face of this planet.