Monday, December 18, 2006

The gift that keeps on giving.........

Just when you think that your Christmas can't go any better, your brother-in-law steps in and takes care of business.

We had our family Christmas on my side of the family this past weekend. We did that because we have a few people in our family that will be working over Christmas weekend, so it's easier to just do it on a day when everyone is available. We got some great gifts for everyone. We went with couple presents (i.e. Mom and Dad got one present, Sister and husband got one present, ets.) because we could get them some really nice things that they could use for roughly the same price as separate presents. Probably won't do that every year, but it worked out well this year.

My brother-in-law told me the night before we opened presents that my gift would be good, but then it would get even better. I had no clue what that meant other than I was prepared for whatever may happen.

I finally got my present the next day. He handed it to me and it looked like some sort of gift card. I'm good with that. I pull it open and it's a Best Buy gift card. I am always finding things I want at Best Buy, so kudos there.

I pull it open a little further. There's another gift card in there! I pull it open to find a gift card to my favorite white trash eating establishment.........Hooters!!!! Visions of chicken wings dancing in my head. Those that know me know that I LOVE Hooters! Chicken wings, chicken sandwich, bucket of clams, curly fries.........they're all just fabulous. I don't go there that often for fear I'll suddenly over 300 lbs, but man, do they have good food. Honestly, if Hooters Air gave out chicken wings for snack on flights, I'm not sure I'd fly with any other air carrier. I'd pay $50 extra round trip just to eat wings on a plane flight.

It will only be a matter of time before Mrs. Lime and I head over to use that gift card. Mrs. Lime loves hot and spicy food, so I'm guessing we'll have to get two orders of wings. I can't handle the heat like she can. I think she's got a mouth without nerve endings. It's amazing the way she can eat that spicy food without any severe repercussions. I can't say the same for me.