Friday, December 15, 2006

Marital bliss (sort of).......

I walked in the door about 5 minutes before I usually do when coming home from work. As I walked in, I heard Mrs. Lime's voice upstairs......

Mrs. Lime: Hello?

Me: Hello!

Mrs. Lime: Hi! You're home early!

Me: I'm only home about 5 minutes early.

Mrs. Lime: (having just woke up) I was going to take a shower and get cleaned up before you got home.

Me: Well, I'm home now, so that's not going to happen. You acted surprised when I came in. Are you hiding a boyfriend up there?

Mrs. Lime: (laughing) Yeah.

Me: So while you're out talking to me, he's putting his clothes on in the bedroom?

Mrs. Lime: Yeah, something like that.

Me: So you said 'You're home early!' to me followed by you whispering to Bill that he needed to get out of the house?

Mrs. Lime: (now downstairs and hugging me) Yes.

Me: OK, fair enough.

Thus ended the quickest extra-marital affair we've had in our 6+ years of marriage.