Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Job security and 'Office Space'.....

Well, my job security just increased in leaps and bounds today. I test roughly 6 systems along with one other person in our group. Today, she announced that she's leaving our group in a week and a half. So, I now am the sole tester on all 6 systems. The good part is that I have great leverage and job security now. The bad part is that I have little backup when busy periods occur. Such is life. I could always have it worse.

I watched the movie 'Office Space' with Mrs. Lime last night. It's a comedy about the office/cubicle-style workplace. If you've ever worked in a corporate environment before, I'd suggest it as a must-see movie. Most people will still find it very funny even if they haven't worked in the corporate cubicle environment, but it's even funnier if you have. Regardless, it's a great movie.

On a side note, tonight is the peak of a large meteor shower. Look just to the left of the constellation Orion in the east/southeast sky. The peak of the meteor shower will happen between midnight and 4:00 AM when 2 shooting stars per minute will be visible. Even if you don't want to stay up late, you can see one shooting star a minute as early as 9:00 PM. Great opportunity to see some very bright and long-lived meteors/shooting stars.