Tuesday, December 26, 2006

One more Christmas come and gone.....

Well, I survived Xmas. I helped my wife cook a meal that would feed a full homeless shelter. Nevermind the fact that we only had 6 people over for dinner. That's not important.

We watch the movie 'Pearl Harbor' yesterday afternoon. Mrs. Lime's family hadn't seen it before. It was bashed by the critics when it first came out, but it's a good movie. It paints a pretty vivid picture of the attack. They don't sugar-coat it at all. About halfway through the movie, one of the female characters is killed in the attack. I just happened to stand up moments after it happened to go into the kitchen to refill my drink. Mrs. Lime was sitting at the kitchen table and she was starting to cry. I asked her what was the matter and she said, 'That girl just died'. Tally up one more score for the emotional roller coaster that we call pregnancy. She cried again later when another main character was killed.

We're now coming up on a month until I have a kid. I'm sure the thought of now having to deal with me and the new baby is something my wife is looking forward to more than anything. I can't imagine why she wouldn't. If she can deal with me on an every day basis, she shouldn’t have any problems with a child.