Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another weekend with plenty to do..............

VERY busy weekend, though it seems like every weekend brings tons of things to do with little downtime anymore.

Friday night, we hosted the monthly poker tournament. I went for my second straight win and came up literally one card away from winning. I ended up finishing in the runner-up spot. I was able to apply some of my new-found knowledge concerning non-verbal tells to help myself in a couple of spots. In the end, I played well and just got a bit unlucky. That's the way poker goes sometimes.

Saturday, I spend most of the day doing work around the house and then headed down to Columbia for the MU/KU game. It was probably one of the worst MU/KU matchups I've ever watched. It was exciting in that the game was close the whole way, but it was rather sloppy play by both teams. I'm not sure that either team really deserved to win, but KU ended up with more points in the end.

Sunday, I took it easy in the afternoon and then played basketball Sunday night. I actually played pretty well and scored a few points in the second half. Our team suffers from a lack of passing right now. We've got a few guys that dribble too much or take quick shots. In the end, it's a rec league, so I don't think that it's too appropriate to do much coaching or telling people to change how they play. We're not good enough to win the league either way, so we're better off just getting some exercise and having a good time.

Monday, I spent most of the day working on things around the house. I hung a TV, worked on some internet issues, and installed some garage mats to control water drainage. By the end of the day, I was ready to crash. Not much of a holiday for me, but I did get quite a few things done. Only a 4 day workweek in front of me, so next weekend should be here relatively soon.