Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"You're not the one in trouble............"

My boss's boss called a meeting this morning to discuss some testing issues that caused her some concern. My lead tester on the project had evidently forgot to push through some documents, resulting in a bit of a testing snafu which could jeopardize the release of a new system. Given that I did most of the testing on the project since this testing lead is know for being somewhat lazy, I was prepared to head into the meeting with guns blazing to defend myself from any accusations of improper testing by my superior.

Imagine my surprise, when I showed up to the meeting and the manager proceeded to tell me that it wasn't my fault and that the testing lead didn't do her job. So I was off the hook other than having to detail to the boss exactly why everything went wrong. Thankfully, I didn't have to do it in front of my testing lead, so she won't know that our manager forced me to spill the beans to her. As a result, I'm off the hook and someone else is in a bit of trouble to say the least. Better her than me, I suppose.