Monday, January 14, 2008

The Brick Layers' dynasty has begun..........

My newly-formed basketball team (The Brick Layers) played their first game last night. We actually played surprisingly well for a team full of out-of-shape 30+ year old men. We did have a few guys of college age, so we weren't all out of shape. I believe we lost by around 5 points, though we actually held a lead with a couple of minutes left. We played pretty good defense (2-3 zone) that actually kept the younger opponents in-check. Our main problem was that we missed too many wide open shots. That's to be expected in the first couple of games.

We also came out of the game without any real injuries. One of the guys twisted his ankle a bit, but he kept on playing, so I don't think it's anything terrible. I doubt it will feel too good today, but it should heal up pretty quickly. I'm not sure I even scored at all, but I had a lot of fun. It was nice to get out and play some basketball.