Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Anything is possible..........

We've got two blind people on our floor in my office. The blind man on the floor is completely blind. He does a surprisingly great job of getting around the building using nothing more than a walking stick to make sure he doesn't run into anything.

There's also a blind woman on our floor. She uses a walking stick, though she's not completely blind. She's able to see light and blobs of movement, as I quickly found out the first time I passed by her. She looked in my direction and said 'Hi' as I passed her in the hall, so I know she could see me in some vague form.

Today, I saw something that I've never seen before. As I walked down the hallway, the blind woman was leading the blind man down the hallway. Both of them had their walking sticks out in front of them, feeling their way down the hallway.

Moral of this story? Inside the Federal Government offices, the blind CAN actually lead the blind.