Monday, February 23, 2009

Just call me Larry Bird........

I probably had my best basketball game this season in last night's appearance. I hit both of my shots from the field, hit all three of my free throws, and finished with 8 points. I also got two steals, 3 or 4 rebounds, and several floor burns on my knees from all the diving for loose balls.

It's hard sometimes, but I try to stay in my comfort zone where I can play well. I know I can shoot well when my feet are set. I have no issues diving for a ball. I can rebound when needed. I'm a good free throw shooter. Outside of that, I have to be very careful not to make bad decisions.

We have a few players on our team that play WAY out of their comfort zone, which usually ends up with us losing (we haven't won a game yet). I get the feeling that a couple of them wouldn't respond too well to criticism, so it's probably best to just continue to worry about myself. After all, it is just a rec league. Whether we win them all or lose them all, very few people will care in the end. It's all about running up and down a court for the sake of exercise.