Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Endless entertainment.......

Last night, I was on the tredmill just starting a workout. Casanova was inside with me and Jenny, the other dog, was outside running around the frontyard. Over the noise of the tredmill, I thought I heard a noise but didn't think much of it. I noticed that Casanova began to run around the house in circles. That's a big indicator that something's up. I stopped the tredmill to see what Casanova needed. Immediately after that, I heard a large thunder clap. Casanova absolutely dreads thunder, so he was pretty wound up at the time. I then remembered that Jenny was still outside.

I went to the front door and looked out. It was pouring down rain with some hail and the wind was at least 40 MPH. I yelled out to Jenny to come inside. She was around on the side of the house which can't be seen from the front door. After a moment, she jogged around the end of the house, acting like nothing was amiss. The funny part was that the wind was blowing perpendicular to her path to the door. So she kept getting blown off-course by the wind to the point where she was struggling to make it to the door. The best way I can describe it is that she looked like she was drunk. But it didn't seem to bother her a bit. She eventually got to the door and laid down for a nap.

I later turned on the TV and realized we were in a tornado watch. She's lucky she didn't pull a Toto and just get sucked right into the clouds.