Monday, April 03, 2006

The vicious dogs strike again.......

Word is going to get around the neighborhood now. I can hear the neighborhood dogs barking and communicating to one another as we speak. We have a second 'small dogs meets large dogs' incident.

I went to the front door to let out our dogs. Between the two of them, they have a net weight in the 165-170 lb. range. I opened the door without looking, but judging from their excitement I should have known something was up. After I opened the door I realized that two poodles were being walked by their owners on the sidewalk. My dogs made a growling and barking run right towards the dogs walking by. There is, of course, a fence that will keep my dogs in the yard. But that was of little matter to the two poodles.

Both of the poodles took off running down the sidewalk like their life depended on it. They pulled the leashes right out of their owners' hands. They didn't stop running until they were one house down the block. Evidently, the poodles felt pretty sure that they couldn't become dinner to a large dog at that point. Both of the owners shot me a glare. I said sorry, but they said nothing. It appears we are becoming the outlaws of the neighborhood in only two days' time.