Thursday, April 13, 2006

Really busy right now......

Man, I haven't been able to write much at all over the past week. I probably won't get to do so today either. I've got a ton of pictures from a trip down to Washington D.C., but those probably won't get put up for a day or two. I took yesterday as a sick day and just got a bunch of stuff done.

My main achievement was to do my taxes. I put them off until now because I knew that we wouldn't get a refund, so why bother to complete it any sooner than you have to do so. This year's tax returns were quite complicated from the standpoint that I had to actually file the federal tax return plus 3 state returns. Thankfully, I had TaxSlayer (http://www.taxslayer.com) to assist me in my tax filing. All automated and easy to use. I've found that it's very good at helping you identify anything that might be a deduction. I managed to squeak out $19,000 in deductions. It didn't earn me a refund, but it certainly limited the amount of taxes that I owed by quite a bit. Only $10 to e-File your return on TaxSlayer. Definitely a good deal.

I'm heading off to the 33rd anual Capital Classic at George Washington University tonight. It's a big time high school all-star basketball game. Lots of NBA scouts and college coaches will be at this game. Recruits playing in the game are going to places like Florida, Georgetown, North Carolina, Villanova, etc. I've got VIP passes, so I'll be pretty close to the action. Hope to have some good pictures of some stars of the future along with some faces you college fans might recognize. Should be fun.