Thursday, April 20, 2006

The great underwear mystery.....

I'm the one that does the laundry in this relationship. I had a few rough spots early in the marriage where I shrunk a few of Mrs. Lime's clothes down to a kid's size, but we've worked out the kinks in the system now to the point where I haven't ruined clothes for quite some time now. Seems to work out well for both of us.

My usually thing is to save up the dirty laundry until I have at least 4-5 loads of dirty clothes. I wash and dry the clothes in the machines and then take the clothes and dump them on the bed for eventual folding. We start working our way through the piles, folding our own clothes and tossing the other person's clothes to the other side of the bed. The other night, we were folding up clothes before going to bed. At one point, Mrs. Lime got this puzzled look on her face.

"That's weird", she said.

"What's weird?", I asked her, hoping to get involved with this great mystery that was unfolding (pun intended).

"These aren't my underwear", she stated and held up a black women's underwear. I could see the tag and could easily see the size.

I said, "Don't you wear that size?".

She replied, "Yes, but these aren't my underwear. I don't buy this style of panties".

Well, alarm bells immediately go off in my head. She's giving me a one-time chance to bail the water out of my boat in a big hurry before she puts three more holes in the boat. I obviously would never cheat on my wife ever, but I can certainly understand why a pair of women's underwear that shows up in our laundry that doesn't belong to her might make here at least inquire as to where they came from.

Never fear, I had an excellent response to quell any fears she might have. I quickly replied, "Well, honey. I don't wear that kind of underwear either!".

Thank God I was able to think of a such an airtight response. Alas, she has no fears concerning any relationship issues, but we still didn't figure out where the underwear came from.

If anyone is missing black women's underwear, please let us know. We threw it away but are still trying to connect the dots. Thanks.