Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Interesting comparison and cleaning outdoor surfaces.......

Nothing new on the baby front. One of my friends explained to me that if I was around when my wife's water broke, it would be like a big old water balloon just hit the floor. Visualization is a wonderful thing.

It's insanely cold right now in the midwest. Temperatures in the teens or lower at night with the day time temperatures reaching 30 degrees if we're lucky. I went outside with the dog the other day. While he was doing his business of marking his territory just so the deer would know they were in his yard, I was cleaning the glass on the outside of the back door. I sprayed on the Windex and grabbed the paper towels to wipe it off. It was already frozen on the glass by the time I wiped with the paper towel. I will say that Windex does a bang-up job of cleaning, even when in a frozen state. I continued to wipe it down. At first, it left white flakes all over the glass, but as I kept wiping, they came off the glass as well. It left a perfectly clean surface. There weren't even any streaks!

I would like everyone to know that this will be as close as this blog ever comes to advertisements. I've now promoted Windex for outdoor winter cleaning and Magic Erasers. That should pretty much cover most of your house cleaning needs. I'm guessing with a baby on the way that I'll need to know plenty house cleaning tricks.