Thursday, January 04, 2007

One month to baby D-Day.........

Ah, the day is quickly approaching. In roughly a month's time, I'll be a father. I'm pretty tired of waiting at this point. I'm ready to get this whole process started.

The baby's just over 5 pounds right now. She flipped over and actually is oriented correctly with her head pointing down. Hopefully the baby maintains that position and we get a baby coming out head first to make things easy. The doctor said that 6-7 pounds will probably end up being the delivery weight. After feeling the strength of some of the movement and kicks in Mrs. Lime's belly, I wouldn't be shocked if a female weightlifter tumbled out when that day arrives. There's a strong kid in there.

I've practiced clicking in the car seat into the seat holder. I've got that down pretty well. Mrs. Lime and I watched the first lesson in the Dunstan Baby Language DVD series. If you don't know what that is, click here to visit the website. It's amazing that someone didn't make understanding your baby this easy before now.

We're also going to go through the steps to teach our baby how to sign. It'll make it a lot easier to work with the baby during the language formation years and also helps the baby with learning and motor functions by using their hands and arms to communicate. We'll probably end up with a baby that teaches her grandparents how to communicate with sign language. That'll be interesting to say the least.

I'm pretty sure we're not prepared at all for what's to come. At the same time, I think we'll do just fine.