Friday, January 12, 2007

Still a waiting game......

Still waiting on this silly baby to show up. 3 weeks left until the official 'due' date. I think that's a big farce at this point. Obviously, we're quite happy that the baby is going to make it to full term or very close to full term. The baby's still moving around quite a bit, so we know she's still in there in case the slight increase in size of my wife's belly didn't give it away.

I'm going to have to play my poker game by ear because of the kid's impending arrival. I'm not terribly concerned about not being able to hold poker in the future. I have a feeling that the grandparents don't need much cohersion to do some babysitting on occasion when not playing themselves.

I've got Monday off for MLK Jr.'s birthday. Should allow for a nice 3 day weekend. Sunday appears to be the worst day for this winter storm that is moving in, so Monday will give them an extra day to clean off the streets before I head back to work. Once the baby comes, I'll be taking 3 weeks off to stay at home and take care of the new arrival. I count on sleeping in for most of those 3 weeks. I'm sure she'll sleep through the night after a week or so......