Monday, January 08, 2007

Poker tourney weekend......

We had our monthly poker game Sunday. It was a lot of fun. We had a great turnout of 19 people with a few new players. Always nice to inject some new people into the mix. It went pretty smoothly overall. I played well. I had solid cards and made it count. Knocked out a couple of players.

My key hand was against my sister. I started with AA and she called my preflop raise. The flop was T63 and didn't look all that threatening. I bet and she called. No concern there. The turn was a 9. She bet and I raised. She called the big raise. Warning! Warning! The river was a 6. She bet very little and I called to see her flip over 4 6's. Ouch.

I actually did well to not go broke in that hand and built my stack back up, but went down eventually. Still got to play for a little over 4 hours. It was a lot of fun.