Monday, August 06, 2007

Another poker game.......

We had our monthly poker game over the weekend. I played pretty well, but just couldn't get over the hump. I took a big hit in my stack early when a player hit a straight on the last card to beat my trip 3's. I took another big hit on the very next hand when my AA was beat by two pair. So in two hands, I went from a good stack (around 3500 total) to 400 chips. I actually made a good run and built my stack back up over the next 1 1/2 hours to about 2800 chips, but I eventually got to a point where the blinds were pretty large and I had to start pushing all-in with just about anything. I ran into a situation where I had to push in against a very solid player and she flipped over A8 when I held K8. Didn't get any help and I was out.

My bad luck continued at the cash game. I got my money all-in twice with the best hand and took brutal beats on both hands. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Kali 0.5 ended up with a friend at the party. There was a baby boy about a month older than her who came to the party with his parents. Both of them were pretty excited to see each other, both screaming and wiggling in delight. Kali did most of the screaming early on, with the other baby taking over as the primary screamer later in the evening. Kali must have been tired from all the playing/screaming as she went to bed early and wasn't woke up at all by the poker noise downstairs. Her sleep schedule's starting to get a bit more regular now. 9:00 PM comes and she's usually getting pretty tired. I can relate. I'm usually pretty tired by then as well.