Thursday, August 09, 2007

Helping out........

When Mrs. Lime or I head in to put Kali 0.5 back to sleep or feed her at night, Nova 7.5 sometimes likes to follow her in to 'help out'.

Last night, Mrs. Lime went in to feed Kali and put her back to sleep around 3:00 AM. I had turned over in bed when I heard a scratching noise on the carpet next to the bed. I thought it was weird, so I looked over the side of the bed. Nova was laying down with his front paws extended and half his body under the bed. I pet him on the head and rolled back over.

After a few seconds, I heard the scratching sound again. I quickly rolled over to notice Nova using his front paws to try to pull himself out from under the bed because he wanted to head into the nursery to help out. I quickly figured out what the problem was in this instance. He usually lays down on his side while sleeping. He moves around a lot during sleep and had slid his back half under the bed. When he heard the baby, he instinctively rolled over to his tummy. Unfortunately, he must be bigger when he lays on his stomach than when he lays on his side. As a result, he couldn't go anywhere.

I got out of bed and rolled him back onto his side and easily pulled him out. He was awful happy to be out of that mess and on his way to 'help out'.