Friday, August 31, 2007

A promising new season begins........

Tomorrow is the start of the 2007 season for the Mizzou football team. They are generally the consensus pick to win the Big 12 North and play for the Big 12 championship in San Antonio in December. I'd love to think about the idea that it will happen just that way. With that said, as a Mizzou fan, I remember.......

-The 5th down game against Colorado

-The "Flea-kicker" game against Nebraska.

-Eary season losses under Pinkel to teams that we should have beat.

So I'll state it right now. To hell with old jinxes and curses of my beloved Tigers! We're going to win the Big 12 North this year and no skeletons in the closet will stop us!

There, now I've stated it. Now I'll settle into my sofa with my daughter in her Mizzou cheerleader outfit and just pray to the football gods that Mizzou has nothing but success in her lifetime and the rest of my lifetime.