Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Let sleeping dogs lie.........

I got home yesterday and Mrs. Lime noted that the baby had been a bit fussy all day. She was fussy the night before as well, so we're assuming that the early signs of teething are setting in. I took the baby while Mrs. Lime did some things downstairs.

I sometimes set Kali 0.5 in my lap while I'm playing video games. I sit in a rocking chair and she likes to watch things happen on the screen. She's also become very interested in the controller that I use while playing the games. She likes to try to grab it from me and play with it. Doing everything that Mommy and Daddy do appears to be a high priority right now. She's also becoming EXTREMELY independent of late. So yesterday, I gave her the other controller (which was disconnected) and let her play with it. She moved the joysticks and smacked the buttons, just like her dad does. Pretty funny to see that she's been paying that much attention to what I was doing this whole time. She did also chew on the joystick, which I do not usually do.

After playing games for a few minutes, Kali was fussy again and rubbing her eyes. We moved to the bed in the room and laid down for a hour-long nap. I woke up and Kali was still asleep. I decided to head downstairs with her. Bad move. She stirred when we got downstairs and went into a full-on screaming fit. Yikes! She didn't want any food, bottle, playtime........nothing! Finally, I just walked around with her for a bit and she fell asleep for another 2 hours. She woke up around her bedtime, ate some cereal and formula, and went right back to sleep again. She was pretty tired evidently. Just another day in the life of a parent.