Friday, August 17, 2007

Heat and sleep..........

This heat is just oppressive. I can't remember how long it's been since I've dealt with this many days of 100 degree heat. My air conditioning is getting a heavy workout. I have the thermostat set at 76 degrees right now just to let them shut off every hour or so. The dog goes outside, does his business, and then runs back inside as quickly as possible. He's wishing he didn't have a fur coat right now.

Mrs. Lime is a big fan of summer. She likes the warm weather and the time outdoors. However, even she is waving the white flag at this point. She actually mentioned to me that she was looking forward to September and the cooler weather. STOP THE PRESSES! It's got to be brutal if you hear something like that coming out of my wife's mouth.

Kali 0.6 doesn't seem to mind all that much. She just goes about her business without much concern over the weather. She continues to increase her food intake and is drinking quite a bit of formula. She's also sleeping a lot better now that she's able to get a lot of milk in her system each time she feeds. Last night, she went to bed at 8:30 PM and didn't wake up until 3:15 for a quick feeding. She then went back to sleep and was still asleep when I left for work. The regular routine is helping quite a bit to get her into a good schedule. I can handle one wake up call a night. It's the multiple ones that will drive you nuts.

Just had one of my co-workers give notice that he was leaving the group. Got more money at another job. He'd only been in this group for 9 months, so it was obviously a job he took just to keep the money flowing and not a permanent position. I really like the time flexibility that this position allows. It's great that my kid loves spending a lot of time with me. I may be sacrificing a few thousand dollars each year, but the opportunity it provides from a family perspective is priceless and couldn't be replaced.