Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How to make a good first impression........

The vice-president of our work group flew out to Kansas City from Denver for the day to visit and see how things were going. He is a new VP, taking over for the company president since the company is getting bigger and he needs more supervisors to help keep things running.

He was a tall guy who was very friendly and approached each person individually to introduce himself. He walked up to my cube and extended his hand for a handshake. I was sitting at my desk and turned to greet him. My right hand was in my jeans pocket. As I pulled my hand out of my pocket, a blue and orange pacifier went flying out of my pocket and hit him in the leg.

His response? "So, I guess you're a dad?"

I summoned up the courage to respond quickly, "Yep!".

That, my friends, is how you make a good first impression. Embarrassing moment, but he'll never forget me or my name.