Monday, September 24, 2007

Busy-bodies............

Mrs. Lime and I had a busy weekend. We went to a fancy bar downtown on Friday night to meet with some of Mrs. Lime's friends. Had a great time. Kali 0.7 came along for the ride and loved the bar, which had a lot of back lighting under the bar, causing the bar to glow. She kept smacking it with her hands and staring at the bartenders. I'm sure they don't have a 7 month old belly-up to the bar that often.

Saturday, we dove into some projects that really needed to get done. Mrs. Lime organized her office and I cleaned up stuff in the spare bedroom that will eventually be Kali's new bedroom once she's old enough to sleep in a bed. It was badly needed. It's one of those things that you have to actually focus a free day to get done with a baby in the house. Otherwise, it will never get done.

Yesterday, I headed out to the Chiefs' home opener. We went over to tailgate with one of my fraternity brothers. Great food. They had grilled marinated chicken breasts and fresh curly fries cooked on-site. We also played redneck golf. It's a variant of horseshoes. You drill a hole in 2 golf balls and then attach them with a rope. Then you try to throw the rope and balls over a contraption similar to a clothes drying rack. I won my first game, proving that it's luck more than any acquired skills. I may consider building a set. It was a lot of fun and easy to learn.

Oh, and the Chiefs won. Finally picked up a win. Their division looks terrible at this point, so the Chiefs may still be in it. I'll hold out hope until proven otherwise.