Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Time for some new teeth.......

Went to the dentist yesterday to get checked out. The dentist himself did the teeth cleaning, which was a nice touch. Most of them leave all that to their assistants. The new dentist has individual flat screen TV's on each chair (with remote control!) and was taking digital x-ray films that immediately downloaded to the computer. Pretty cool stuff.

I was warned by my dentist that there was going to be a patient in the room next to mine that may be a problem. She had evidently caused the assistants a lot of problems the last time she was in, so the dentist was prepared to toss her out of the office if she created similar problems. He said he had never done that before, but this lady was over the top. Thankfully, she behaved relatively well, although she did complain quite a bit.

The dentist plans on giving me some new teeth in a couple of weeks. My front two teeth are false from an accident as a child. My sister and I were at the bus stop right after a big ice storm. Everything was glazed in ice. My sister started walking up the curb and using it like a treadmill. I decided to do the same thing. Unfortunately, my feet slipped out from under me and I went teeth-first into the driveway, busting out my two front teeth. I've had my current teeth for about 15-20 years, so it's time to get some new ones. Hopefully, these teeth will last another 20 years.