Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What exit?????

I'll preface this post with some info from a recent study. It found that women speak 3 times as many words in one day as a man does. Also, women reportedly become very frustrated when their volume of words is not reciprocated by their spouse. Given that the vast majority of the population is heterosexual, it's pretty obvious that there's going to be a lot of verbally unfulfilled women in the world. I guess that's why they hang out with girlfriends and talk with each other on the phone all the time.

Mrs. Lime and I have been increasingly chatty lately in the car. It's one of the few places we can chat without having to run somewhere in the house to do something for the baby. I suppose we just have a lot to talk about, but I'm willing to speak 50% more than the average male (which still leaves me lagging behind my spouse in total words per day). Unfortunately, I'm usually the one driving when we're going somewhere.

The problem is that I seem to be missing exits on a regular basis. I missed two exits just last night because of conversations with Mrs. Lime. I remember two other times within the last month where I missed an exit as well. It's some sort of new phenomenon, as I honestly didn't do it that much before. As much as Mrs. Lime likes to chat, I'm going to have to focus more on watching for my exit. I'm taking the 'scenic route' far too often.