Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I should openly complain more often........

Obviously, I need to complain about my Royals and specifically, our can't-miss rookie 3rd baseman more often. The Royals won 9-1 last night and Alex Gordon (the previously mentioned rookie) smashed a 2 run home run last night. I unfortunately missed the home run as Kali 0.2 was fussing and needed my attention, but I saw a replay of the home run later on the news after Kali got to sleep.

I have to reinvent the wheel every day it seems as far as how to handle Kali. One night, I have to do things a certain way. The next night, that doesn't work and I have to do something totally different to get her calmed down. It's a constant learning experience, but she's just not happy with level of parenting skills. I can't say I blame her. I suppose I'm much like Alex Gordon at this point. I feel like I haven't quite got into a groove yet as far as parenting, but then occasionally I do something right and it's pretty rewarding. So I at least have the motivation to get back in there and do it again despite the repeated failures. I'm hoping all these experiences will pay off in spades if/when we decide to have another child. I'm hoping I'll be a 'subject matter expert'.