Monday, April 23, 2007

My hands are tied.......

There are some points where there's nothing you can do to console a baby. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I was in charge of baby care for most of the day. The morning went pretty well and then I played with Kali 0.2 for an hour or so in the afternoon on the floor. After that, something took over my otherwise happy child.

Screams. Loud screams.

I tried to settle her down, but pretty much nothing would work. She was not happy at all. I took her for a walk (which she loves) and she was really quiet. The moment we entered the door again, the screams returned. Oh boy........

After a while, Mrs. Lime had some slow time at work and fed the baby. Once Kali was done screaming, she handed the baby back off to me. Screams. Loud screams. So, out the door I went with the stroller. Kali giggled and was otherwise quiet the whole time. I was just happy that she was doing something other than screaming. We finally got back to the house and the screaming began anew. Temperature check was made. 98.7 degrees F. Ugh, can't even blame it on sickness.

After about an hour of off-and-on fussing, we headed back out the door for another walk. She was quiet and even fell asleep in the stroller. As soon as we got home, she began screaming again. I rocked her in my arms for a half-hour and then, as if by magic, the eyelids became very heavy and she was out at around 8:30 PM. Mrs. Lime wouldn't be off work until 11 PM, so I sat as still as possible with Kali in my arms. Thankfully, she stayed asleep and I was able to pass her on to Mrs. Lime. I grabbed 5 hours of sleep and headed back into another work week.