Monday, April 30, 2007

Just a little bitter.......

There's a lady in my office area who has been divorced multiple times. She evidently was 'lucky' enough to meet her ex-husband's new wife during a child exchange at a local business. She was nice enough to talk about the meeting just loud enough that everyone on the floor could hear her talking about it. Some of the highlights were......

-The new wife immediately reached out to hug her when they first met. Talk about awkward.

-The new wife evidently implied that the divorce was for the best because she and the ex-husband were meant to be together. It was "God's will".

-The new wife told the ex-wife that she "prays for her all the time". The ex-wife responded that she was glad and wouldn't stop her from praying. In fact, the ex-wife said "I need all the prayers I can get".

-The ex-husband met his new wife on a christian dating website. The site claims that it's "love by God's hands" and the ex-wife loves repeating that catch phrase anytime she can.


Ah, divorce. I think the general attitude of our nation's people is a whole lot worse due to divorce. It's just too easy to get married and too easy to get a divorce. There's too many people walking around with resentment towards other people because of broken relationships. I dated my wife for almost 5 years before getting engaged. By that time, we both were aware of all the skeletons in the closet. There was little left to hide, so you knew what you were getting into at that point. While I think you can get to know a person in a shorter period of time if you're older when you enter the process, I think people take far too little time getting to know someone.

I'm just glad Mrs. Lime can put up with me. The thought of meeting her 'new husband from a Christian dating website' is not overly appealing.