Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Spreading goodwill throughout the restaurant......

Been really busy with family gatherings the past week. I've been a bit lax in my posting. I'll have to pick it up over the coming days.

Went to McCormick and Schmitt's last night for dinner. Food was great as always. Mrs. Lime and I practiced the baby swap technique over the course of the meal. Kali 0.4 was sleeping when we first arrived. After several minutes, she finally woke up and took center stage at the table. The discussion immediately turned from what we were talking about to total focus by the family on Kali. She was up to the task and flashed the smile for all to see.

Eventually, she started to fuss a bit. Mrs. Lime headed off to walk around with her while I ate my soup, then we switched out and I took my turn. It's always funny how a baby can light up a place. We walked around the restaurant, through the bar and past the kitchen. No matter whether it was servers, patrons, bartenders, etc., everyone was smiling at her as we walked by.

When dinner came, I offered to take the fussy girl on a walk. We walked out to the patio and I noticed a Banana Republic nearby. We wandered into the store and one of the employees asked who my date was. I told him that we were keeping busy until her mom could finish dinner. Kali made sure to flash another smile to charm the employee to no end. We ended up walking around and finding a few shirts that Kali likes. I walked back into the restaurant with 4 new shirts and handed off Kali so I could finish dinner.

We came home and Kali was out. She was tired, so we put her in her PJ's and put her to sleep. I guess it's tiring being a 4 month old. I wouldn't know.