Monday, July 23, 2007

Bottles and giggles.......

Yes, it has arrived. The day when a baby's breast-fed mother weeps. Today is the first day of bottle feeding for Kali 0.5. She took a few drinks off the bottle each time last night before throwing a fit. Mrs. Lime got done working around 7:00 last night. Kali then pulled her usual sucking on Mrs. Lime's neck to indicate that she wanted some milk, which upset Mrs. Lime to no end. Kali fussed some, but she honestly handled the whole thing pretty well overall. Mrs. Lime concentrated on the breast-feeding part, but Kali was really happy to be with Mrs. Lime when she was through working.

Kali and I had some good Baby Einstein-watching time yesterday. We watch the 'Baby Mozart' video twice. She's really starting to interact more socially. We got to one part of the movie that she always likes where there's a giraffe puppet that walks onto the screen and makes faces. She lurched backwards in my lap while giggling. She then looked back at me while giggling and took a peek at me to see if I was laughing too. I laughed as well, though I was laughing more at her reaction that the giraffe puppet. But she got a big kick out of the fact that I was laughing with her. Great stuff.