Friday, July 13, 2007

Handful of thoughts.......

Saw the same pair of deer in my backyard again last night. There must be some awfully juicy plants on the edge of my backyard. They evidently see my backyard as a giant buffet. More power to them. I'll even pay them to keep my grass at a low level if they want me to do so.

Great day today in Kansas City. 77 degrees and sunny. It doesn't get much better than that considering we're in the middle of summer.

The Royals start the second half of the season with a record of 38-50. It's not great, but it's a vast improvement over last year. They'd have to go 24-50 to lose 100 games. They likely won't do that. They've been playing much better over the past 1 1/2 months with lots of young players. The future is bright if we can just pick up a couple of good players in the off-season.

I continue to build my arm muscles steadily through the Kali 0.5 plan. That's the exercise system where you have a baby and then she steadily gets heavier and heavier as you go along, resulting in better arm strength. I haven't considered steroids at this point, but if she keeps growing at this pace, I'm going to have Hulk Hogan-like biceps in roughly a year's time.