Friday, August 28, 2009

It's dark in here.......

Yesterday, Kali 2.6 and I were up in the master bathroom. I went into the toilet room to sit down for business purposes. I hadn't turned on the light in that side room, though the main bathroom light was on. Kali wandered into the room and decided to close the door, rendering the small toilet room pitch black.

Me: (whispering) It's dark in here.

Kali: (whispering) Yeah. It's dark in here. You making poopy Daddy?

Me: (whispering) Yes.

Kali: (whispering) You make BIG poopy Daddy?

Me: (whispering) No, just a little one.

Kali: (whispering) Oooooohhhhh! You need toilet paper Daddy?

Me: (whispering) Not yet.

Kali: (whispering) How about now?

Me: (whispering) No, thank you.

(moment of silence followed by a Kali giggle)

Kali: (whispering) I love you Daddy!

Me: (whispering) I love you too!

Kali: (giggle)

Me: (whispering) Is there a reason we've been whispering this whole time?

Kali: (whispering) No.

Me: (chuckling & whispering) OK, just checking.

Fantastic stuff. Totally silly conversation, but after she said there wasn't a reason why we had been whispering in the dark the whole time, I just lost it. We left the toilet immediately afterwards, but I was laughing for at least the next 10 minutes.