Sunday, August 16, 2009

Las Vegas Trip summary.......

We've been in Vegas over the weekend and had a great time. A few notes......

1. I met an Aussie at a poker table on Friday. Funny guy with a bit of a foul mouth. He humored me by saying some Aussie words like 'barbie', 'kangaroo', and 'dundee'. He also had a standard raise of $8, which he pronounced as 'aight'. As a result, everyone at the table raised 'aight' if they raised for the whole game.

2. Also met a guy at a table who had worked for a long time as a traveling businessman. When his child support payments ended (i.e. he didn't have to pay them anymore), he quit his day job and now strictly plays poker. Seemed to be very good and very tight. Walked away up $300 after a couple of hours.

3. Met a Morman at the poker table from Utah. I explained that I lived in the area near the Saw Mills massacre site and near where Joseph Smith was jailed. I also mentioned that a Mormon temple was going to be erected near my home. He said that if the home value didn't go up 75% or more in 5 years after the temple is built, he'd be shocked. Guess I'll hold on to my house for a bit longer.

4. I had a big drunk guy who was hassling a police officer run into me on the sidewalk. I saw the officer had taken away his booze bottle and had the pepper spray out. We got out of there in a hurry.

5. Mrs. Lime had a rough weekend at the poker tables. I think we'll steer her away from cash games for awhile. She was not happy about it.

6. I got to meet the Miss September 2009 Playmate at the Playboy store. I also got her magazine and got the centerfold signed. She even had a brother who spelled his first name the same way I did. So I've got that going for me. Seemed like a really nice girl.

7. Mrs. Lime got to hang out with Elvis. He was originally from New Zealand. I'm not sure how that all happened. Always interesting to hear Elvis with a Kiwi accent.

8. Vegas in August is HOT. Even with no humidity, walking on cement in 100 degree temperatures is pretty brutal. Thank God for air conditioning.

9. Saw Peepshow with Holly Madison (Hugh Hefner's most recent ex-girlfriend). It was pretty obvious that she wasn't terribly happy to be in the show. She seemed disinterested and was going through the motions. At least the crowd was thrilled when she took off her top at the end of the show. But the rest of the performers were actually very good. We had VIP seats right next to the stage. I had one of the girls even toss her feather boa on me to flirt with me (while topless). Mrs. Lime and our friends got a big kick out of that.

10. Kali 2.6 had a fun-filled weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure she hardly even missed us. It was nice to sleep in for a few days. We're recharged and ready to get back to see her. 3 more months until baby #2 enters the fold!