Monday, March 05, 2007

Back to the basketball court.......

Got to go out and play some basketball last night. It was nice to get out and play for the first time in quite a while. I had it a bit rough as I'm out of shape and they were playing full-court. But I was surprised to find that my shot was still there. I made some bad plays due to fatigue, but I scored quite a bit and made a few good defensive plays as well. Defense was not emphasized in this league, so I figured it was a good thing that I even made as many hustle plays as I did.

Running pretty much non-stop for over 1 1/2 hours was a bit rough, but I did pretty well. The first 20 minutes or so were the worst. I was sucking air pretty badly early on, but I actually felt stronger as I played. It may have been that the guys around me were getting tired and slowing down more than me, but either way, it felt good to be pretty strong at the end of the session despite being out of shape.

Hopefully it won't be nearly as long until the next time I get to play.