Tuesday, March 27, 2007

More sleep and baby-sitting tests...........

Good night for everyone involved. Kali 0.2 is starting to jump into a routine that Mrs. Lime likes. Kali has slept from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM two out of the last three nights. The other night, she was a bit fussy, but still slept for 5 hours in a row. I don't suppose you can expect too much out of a 6 week old quite yet. She's doing well overall.

Mrs. Lime is working tonight, so yours truly gets to jump back into the saddle. It's not too easy taking care of the baby without a dairy cannon mounted to my chest, but I do my best. Mrs. Lime helps me out with some milk in a bottle here and there and I've also become good friends with the formula can. It's wonderful how quickly the mood of a baby can change from fussy to smiling with something as simple as 2 ounces of formula.

Kali 0.2 also loves to go on walks. She often ends up falling asleep, but she always smiles when you sit her down in the stroller seat. Casanova loves the increase in walking as well. There's an abundance of dogs in the neighborhood, so he loves to go out and see all of the dogs. It's been really nice lately, with temperatures in the mid-70s. The rides home from work are better now as well since I can put the top down most days. The first day I rode home with the top down was a bit wild as there was Casanova fur flying all over the place. The car was blown pretty clean that day and I've had no fur problems since.

I'm starting up my monthly poker game again as well after a brief baby hiatus. It'll be nice to get back into a regular routine. I know that some of the players have been asking when we're going to play again. Mrs. Lime can get back into having parties at the house again and I can get back to losing $10 a month to people I actually invite over to my house. Who knew you could have so much fun inviting people over to take your money from you in your own home?

Kali gets her first extended babysitter time on Saturday as I'm hosting a fundraising poker tourney and Mrs. Lime will be playing in it as well. There's not too much risk involved as we'll only be a couple of blocks away from our house, but it's always a big step for the mom after being attatched to the baby (physically and mentally) for so long. Mrs. Lime's parents have been begging for the opportunity (mostly her mom), so they'll finally get their shot.

I have no doubt that Kali will run them over. We're likely to return to the house after a few hours to find a basket on the front step with Kali in it. They'll be an attached note that says, "We've retired from baby-sitting. Thanks for the opportunity."