Monday, March 12, 2007

Comedy at its finest......

Big day yesterday as Kali 0.2 had her one month birthday. She's growing like a weed. Amazing how quickly they start growing with increased arm length and legs as well. She's a bit more aware of her surroundings as well. She's focusing a bit better as time goes along, though you can tell that her focus is very limited in that she gets bored of almost anything in a big hurry.

For example, Kali 0.2 likes to be entertained on the changing table. I, as the officially hired entertainment of the changing table, serve in an entertaining capacity. I will note that she doesn't pay very well, as my only compensation is usually a dirty diaper.

I feel somewhat like a vaudeville act in that I have to provide a wide variety of entertainment to keep her attention. I usually start with a joke about some sort of animal. From there, I can move to a serious topic so she actually learns something during a given diaper changing. After that, a funny face can draw an easy smile. Finish it up with a joke about just how dirty that diaper was and how impressed you were with how heavy that dirty diaper was and you have a well rounded comedy routine fit for any baby in the world. It's guaranteed to make your baby happy! In fact, I may put out a self-help DVD to assist future parents.

Here's an example of how things usually go......

Me: Kali, did you hear what one cow said to the other cow when he got in the way? He said 'Mooooooooooove over!'.

Kali:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me: Kali, just remember that Daddy has goofy baby photos of you. He can use those to embarrass you in front of your friends if you get out of line.

Kali:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me: But I have no doubt that you'll have embarrassing pictures of Daddy as well. ***sticks tongue out at Kali***

Kali:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me: OK, diaper change is all done. Did you have help in making that mess in the diaper or did you do that all yourself?????

Kali:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Ah, yes. As long as she's happy, I'm not concerned with just how bad my comedy routine is.